top of page

Family visas

Understandably you have migrated to Australia and have consideration for other family members / relatives abroad.


As an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be able to sponsor a family member to live in Australia.


There are various visas and streams:

  • Partner

  • Children

  • Parent

  • Carers

  • Family members

  • Relatives

  • Visitor (family sponsored)


Visa applicants will need a relative in Australia to sponsor them if they want to move to Australia and live here permanently.


If relatives want to visit Australia for a short or temporary period of time, they may be able to obtain a visa independently otherwise family sponsored is necessary. 

Some visa classes within the Family Stream are subject to being capped and queued, balance of family test and financial assurances may also apply. 

MyVisa can assist you with the most suitable option and case manage your matter to decision.

bottom of page